× Welcome to the Review Chatter Forum!

General discussions regarding online business selling products or services which do not fit in any other forum categories. For this forum when posting please create a user account and login. This way your forum posts and reviews will all be tied to the same account. Plus you can subscribe to forum topics and receive email notification of any replies.

Bowflex M5i - how to increase resistance? Upper body exercise

1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #1659 by JRP80
Hi all, 

Any help on this would be much appreciated. 

I bought my Bowflex 3 years aho second hand. When I bought it the previous owner must have had some presets as the arm resistance once was quite strong meaning that I had a good upper body exercise as well as lower body.  

I wonder if I've inadvertently changed something as now, even when I set it to the highest resistence setting (16) I hardly feel any resistance so that my legs are spinning around really quickly and there is almost no point using my arms as there is almost no resiistance. 

Have I changed a setting unintenionally? What can i do to increase the resistance again please? I've had it three years and so have got used to the machine, potentially making it easier for me, but this doesn't explain the drop off in difficulty. 

In general does anyone have any suggestions about how to make it more challenging? Particularly for the arms/upper body? 
 Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds